March 2013 Spring Vacation: Day III

Hello again beautiful digital blogger-verse. Here's another March 2013 Spring Vacation blog post, day tres on vacation and day Duce on the cruise. :) 

Mental note: so sorry this is taking forever for me to blog day by day about my spring Vacation. It honestly is a lot of work editing pictures, typing etc. I'm pretty much doing this by memory, hopefully this is helpful for first time cruisers or at the very least help my memory in the future. Enjoy! 

So the first night on the cruise we learnt you can fill up a breakfast slip. Hang it out of your room door and tomorrow morning they will deliver your ordered breakfast room service style at the time you wanted. It was the bomb dot com awesome. Damn I miss room service :( 

Photo: Morning breakfast fresh fruits, smoked salmon and croissants. Added cream cheese and guava jelly :)  

Photo: Balcony view we have just touched down at Nassau, Bahamas our first island 1 out of 3 

Photo: Mama bear and I were still hungers after breakfast (yes was a piggy while on the cruise). So we headed to the pacific dining area for a sit down breakfast think I ordered waffles?! (Yup I totally pigged out -.- puggy bear)  
Photo: Totally checking out the other cruise ship next to us daamn they had a wicked water slide. Our cruise ship water slide was not as cool kinda dinky tbh Carnival cruise victory. 

Photo: So every time you leave the cruise ship they take your picture. Cheers to Memories!  

Photo: Stage one after being on the cruise for a few hours and finally setting foot on land. SEA LEGS effects are major dizzyness, headache and a lot of wobbling while walking on land. I felt drunk without the liquor to be honest. 
 
I liked Nassau the city was authentic full of liveliness, culture but as a tourist the beginning part was hectic and chaotic just walking into the city and passing through security and border line.
Was annoying and hectic enough only way I can compare the chaoticness is imagine those Mall kiosk people begging you to sign up for a credit card. Yeah! Now multiply those people by 100 and having those people (the locals of Nassau). Crowding you and asking you for a billion of things from cab, to water, to business. It's insane and overwhelming with the added edition of having sea legs. -.- not bueno tbh that really killed my visit to Nassau. 

Photo: After the crazy kiosk locals badgering us, finally we survived past it and made it to the city of Nassau. This is one of the beautiful outfits the local performers would wear. Spectacular! (I'm assuming it's hella heavy too) 


Photo: The little Market that splits the cruise docks and the city of Nassau. 

Photo: Incredible entertaining local musicians. Loved the vibe and tunes they were jamming too reminded me of Bob Marley. Very dope!! 

Photo: Le familia taken on the streets of Nassau ❤ 

Photo: What I was pleasantly surprised to see at Nassau was even though they had a ton of little local markets, shops, booths. They had really high end stores as well was super surprise to see Fendi, Rolex, Hermes, Gucci, LV, Prada, Mac etc. I think I even saw Canadian Bank companies like RBC, Royal Bank, heck even Scotia Bank. Very impressive. I liked they had both old world meets modern day. :) 

Photo: Oh yes wearing dem Reggae hats and rocking the dreads. 

Photo: Wacky family pictures at City Hall in Nassau. 


Photo: Even though we had a ton of food on the cruise free! We wanted to drink at a local Nassau restaurant. So ended up at this drink bar Greek inspired place. Weird I know Greek food at the Bahamas. 

We ordered mainly drinks bro had a Lime Mojito and I had the special Bahama Mama. We shared some really good Calamari and warm pita bread drizzled with Olive oil and Balsamic. Oh and Bahamas moola $$$

Photo: Awkward Faces during pre-lunch?? 

Photo: Just goofing around like we always do. Clearly it sorta runs in thee family ❤

Photo: " The Islands of the Bahamas "

Photo: Just passed thee border of Nassau and heading back on the Cruise ship :) All the cruise ships are nicely rowed side by side each other. 

Photo: 
Top are all the cruise ship that stop at Nassau rowed nicely next to each other. Who knew these huge Cruise ships can park and parallel park, kudos to the captain takes mad Skill, hard enough for me to parallel park a damn motor vehicle. -.- 

Bottom picture is the island right across Nassau, I believe its Atlantis. I remember that night one of our dine mates think his name was Alex or Alec (whew his friend was a hottie bear a halfer too ;) . Mentioned he walked all the way to Atlantis and it pretty much took him almost all the hours we had on the island before we were to leave. He was so exhausted to walk back from Atlantis he just took the cab back to Nassau. The lesson he learned was never to walk to Atlantis from Nassau it's too long and too far. Looks pretty close by picture and distance but it's far. Remember that kiddos/ future travelers. 

Looking out at Atlantis from Nassau made me want to plan my next vacay and next destination Atlantis, the picture does not do justice seeing it in person. Think I know my next Vacation destination who knows maybe Christmas 2013 ;) just a guess not written in stone yet. I'm thinking All- inclusive for sure haha Hey a gal can dream....

Photo: Major Tourist picture hot spot. 

Photo: Yup Bro and I at the front of OUR cruise ship damn it's humongous o.o 

Photo: Whew! After a few hours on the Island of Nassau we were officially ready to hop back on the cruise ship. So glad we made it on time before our cruise was about to leave. You Definetely don't want to be left behind scary o.o 

Photo:
 Of course saving the worst picture for last to end part I it's only been Day 3 on vacay and Day 2 on the cruise and this has honestly been the longest time I've been in a room with my entire family. Remember Vacation isn't always smiles, rainbow and sunshine, there are gonna be a few bumps and rain showers. Since I've been literally spending a heck of a lot of time with my bro and Mom we tend to bud heads and annoy each other like any sibling crazy relationship and these pictures explain it all dispite my ridiculous face. Kind of makes me chuckle and laugh at how silly we are when my bro annoys the heck out of me. But for sure not missing it either thank goodness. 

There you go that wraps up Day 3 part UNO of how that day went it mainly consisted of eating, eating 2nd breakfast, walking, shopping, walking, shopping, haggling, buying, walking, eating and drinking, walking, discovering, buying and walking, then lastly eating. Haha yes yes a lot of walking my feet were really tired so glad I bought Vibrums very comfy highly recommend them for traveling ;) hope this made up for the long wait. 

Thee end for now Day 3 PART DUCE coming very soon aka "Captains Dinner" or Formal night very fancy Smacy :) 























Comments

Anonymous said…
Is that your brother? he's so cute, love your blog so informative thank you :)

Popular posts from this blog