Late post: Banff Birthday weekend 2013

So sorry I haven't blogged in a while 2013 has definitely kicked off quit busy for myself, I was suppose to be posting numerous idea I had planned on my  blog and to change the layout. New year, new layout but of course things don't always go as planned. Anyways I typed this out on Jan. 14 2013 but of course procrastinated and kept pushing it back til I realized I have to publish this post now or never so here is a very late true, honest, real and raw long story by me. Ms. Nee-Ann M. :)
  
My mind from Fri. Jan 11 - Sun. Jan 13
These past few days have been the best and honestly a memorable birthday weekend ever. I truly believe this weekend has not only strengthened our relationship and friendship but it has brought us much closer together. I feel like this trip has saved our friendship and nurtured it in many ways than just one. It has excelled and erased whatever expectation we might have had before the trip. It has honestly created very memorable memories that will last a lifetime and I can honestly see myself in the future reminiscing this weekend with my future kids. Telling them what best friends can do together through the good and bad. This weekend was no ordinary weekend it was a weekend I'll never forget as cheesy and cliche as this sounds I mean what I said and said what I mean. 
We took a weekend getaway to Banff, AB for my birthday weekend and also a getaway together.  It was our first trip together and we were terrified, the weather wasn't cooperating the day we were suppose to leave which was Thursday. But the next day Friday morning changed the weather was beautiful a bit weird with strips of fog we drove past on the highway.
 Once we made it into our suite everything changed our frowns from the previous night turned into instant smiles and we were trilled with the suite/loft we had as our getaway home for the weekend. It was a sweet cozy loft I myself quit enjoyed I'm so glad we booked our home away from home weeks before the trip. We then settled into our home for the weekend,We surprisingly had a big surprise from an elk right outside our balcony, this was the closest I've been to a wild animal but he was super cute and friendly we thought of a name for our surprise visitor we called "Jack". Later on we cooked a wonderful lunch and toured the sweet popular tourist spot Banff, AB. We then bought ourselves sleigh riding tickets and stopped by numerous tiny cute gift shops and boutiques. Afterwards for the evening we had our own private sleigh ride. Then we came back to our suite and cooked up a wonderful we like to call "Canadian- style" Dinner. ( Garlic Mashed potatoes, Pan-seared Fresh Salmon filets and steamed Broccoli florets of course you gotta have the white wine to accompany the simplicity of our meal :) Beautiful end to the first night, we later went for a nice soak back at the hotel then ended the night indulging ourselves by dipping fruits and pound cake into a rich decadent chocolate ganache.CHOCOLATE FONDUE FOR FOUR
The next day we had a lot planned we booked a snow shoeing adventure which I'm sure that adventure will be remembered as me falling into the snow and getting stuck. Yes very memorable, hysterical, embarrassing and complete and utter fail. But non the less still had a memorable day. Later on we decided to go out for dinner and of course ending the day soaking in the hot tub and pool which by the way. The last night in the pool and hot tub was another memorable night I might just say it was "Caught on Camera - then deleted" that's all I'm saying for now haha just kidding. Of course whats a perfect winter weekend without ending our last night by the campfire and making some yummy not good for the hips S'mores and well it was a first for me and I can honestly say "I Nee-Ann M. has a major sweet tooth" Mmm S'MORES LOVER, NOTHING BEATS THE OG
The next day was Officially my birthday Jan. 13th and it was a little bitter sweet since it was the day we were set to leave our weekend cozy home and head back to reality. Just like the first day we arrived, the morning we woke up we looked outside and saw about four elks at our backyard so close to our balcony we could touch them. So sweet of our new friend "Jack" to wish us a farewell and until next time by bringing his friends or family hahah yes I have quit the imagination ;) . On our way back we had planned a Pitt stop to go for Brunch at this restaurant on our way home hitting Canmore, AB. It had some mixed reviews and I would agree some of the dishes was a hit and the others a miss. Later on we made it home safe and sound had a somewhat decent birthday dinner with the family (complaining about the dinner not the company) but I'm always blessed and fortunate for everything I am gracefully showered with this year and what a perfect way to end my Birthday [weekend]. 

 I'm so blessed and thankful for every little minute I had planned and some un-planned memories with the ladies who are not only my friends but my family as well and my actual family. Every day I wake-up blessed and some days genuinely happy and this has put my mind and opened it to new, wonderful memories made and to more adventurous fun activities to come. Too a new year, new mind, new soul, new outlook and officially a year older to be more wise-er, youthful and free. Blessing to all. Xo - 
msneeannm take care always

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

pretty lil liars.