For Auld Lang Syne

The times gone past, the memories from the previous year.
 It's a New year, a new start, new beginning. The stain and pain from last year is being all wiped away. It's hard to believe that just two days ago was the end of 2012, I feel like I haven't absorbed it all in to look back how I lived 2012. To be honest as I look back and think about 2012, I feel like there were a lot of things I could have done better. A lot of things I took for granted and a lot of unfinished business and unsettled scores. Of course  there are always gonna be regrets and "What if" or "if only I" but at the end of the year it is what it is and that is one thing I don't take back. But with every passing year I believe we mature and grow out of our silly mistakes and regrets from the previous year.

So now that it's the beginning of a New Year I'm changing my game plan. I know that people like to make New Year's resolutions on personal goals or achievements they wanna complete by the end of the year. But I usually do mine differently I make up a simple short quote and try to live by it everyday til the end of the year. For 2012 for instance I made up a phrase "Just keep moving". So day by day I kept that in mind and tried to keep moving as much as possible. This year I think my phrase to live by for 2013 is "to old and new". This year I wanna experience old things (things I've done and loved) and New things (things that are all new to me and will be my first.) 

This year I have so much "I wanna's" but one thing I really wanna try and accomplish is simple... feel happy. It's one thing to be happy but it's another to feel happy. One thing I felt I was lacking last year was happiness. Sure it's easy to put on a smile and say your happy or post a cheesy quote on social media stating your happiness but it's feeling it is what I know I'm forgetting. I miss the feeling of happiness inside, I miss the instant smile on my face because f that feeling not just a forced smile. I wanna feel happy not just be happy...  

A few years ago when I was slightly young, dumb and stupid I made a list titled "Things I wanna do before I turn 20". Now that years have gone by I was cleaning my room and found my diary I use to write in it almost everyday but as you grow up and mature and technology improves. We tend to forget and ignore, well I was reading through my old diary post the laughs, tears and smiles I have written about everyone makes me reminisce the good old days. Inside I found the list and can't believe all these years have gone by and I haven't done anything I wanted to do on my list. After January 13th of this year I'm going to have only one year to have to complete and fulfill my list.... What are your plans for this 2013? goals? achievements? personally? financially? socially?? 
 
Note to self: Remember I was young, dumb and stupid when I made this list so most of what I have written years ago was a mind of a very silly young girl.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

pretty lil liars.